For my Valentine's Day gift, John and I went to Baby Expressions in Greenville and had a gender determination ultrasound to find out if John Parker is having a brother or a sister. . .
I was 16 weeks, 4 days that day, and the ultrasound technician said right away she knew the gender, but she wanted us to get a good look! It took a little poking and prodding (and me getting up and jumping around) to get the little one to show John and I what we wanted to see, but finally, we got the right view and found out we are having another BOY! It was so awesome to see the precious little one trying to suck his thumb and moving around everywhere. It amazes me how a baby grows and develops, and every day I thank God for little miracles.
A lot of people have asked me if I am disappointed, and right away I tell them absolutely not! Of course, I won't lie, I had envisioned the ideal picture of a family of four with a Mom, Dad, Brother and Sister, but the minute I found out I was having another little boy, my heart melted. I have learned with John Parker that little boys are so incredibly sweet (as I'm sure girls are, too) and I can't wait for another little boy to snuggle. John and I have also talked extensively on how awesome it will be to have two little boys so close in age - they will practically grow up together as best friends, and the fact that they will only be 17 months apart will hopefully foster a wonderful relationship between them. I already can't wait to start choosing matching outfits!
We are currently playing around with names and one thing we know for sure is that the name will memorialize John's dad (William) - Hopefully soon we'll have the name set in stone! I'm 17 weeks tomorrow, and finally feeling human again - I'm so excited about all the new things that are happening in our lives right now; our house will be done in around 2 months, John Parker will be 1 next week, and we get to start planning for our new son. God has blessed us immensely.
No comments:
Post a Comment