*We Moved!
About a month ago, actually, and it's been AMAZING to finally be in our dream home! Our house is exactly the way we wanted it, and although moving was very stressful since I was (am) very pregnant and John Parker is at the oh-so-busy age, we are finally getting settled in.
*John Parker is growing up :(
This is so bittersweet for me. I still crave that cuddly baby stage, but seeing him learn new words and become more aware of his surroundings is showing me how much he really loves and needs us as parents. He is almost 16 months old now, and talks constantly. He says tons of words, a few phrases, and can identify every member of our immediate family and most of his body parts. My favorite thing is that he says "thanks" every time we hand him something. It's the sweetest thing, even amidst his mischievousness. He also sometimes says "love you" when we say it to him, which makes my heart melt. He kisses openly and willingly, and I know that won't last long, so I cherish every single kiss. He has 11 teeth (working on number 12) and runs everywhere. He eats what we eat now, and overall, he's not very picky. Some days he eats less than others or acts more picky than other times, but for the most part, he will eat anything we do. He still naps twice a day for about 1.5 - 2 hours each nap, at 10:30 and 3ish. His bedtime is 9:30, mainly because I work until 6 and want to spend a few hours with him every evening, but he sleeps until after 8 every morning so he is getting lots of sleep! I feel like this part of the post could go on and on, but like I said, I need to just hit the high points!
*My pregnancy is coming to an end.
I hate to say it, but I'm so done with being pregnant. For a while, at least. I have been pregnant for what seems like most of the past 2 years, so even though I'm cherishing every minute that we are still a family of just three, I'm ready to meet my sweet new little boy too. This pregnancy has been much easier so far (third trimester; first trimester sickness was much worse) - I haven't started swelling other than mild, normal pregnancy/summer swelling (YET... and keeping my fingers crossed) and my blood pressure and weight gain have been good. With John Parker, I was already swollen to the point of misery at 29-30 weeks, so the fact that I'm nearly 34 weeks and still feeling pretty good is a excellent sign. I also find it humorous that I am banking on 6 more weeks of pregnancy yet I delivered John Parker at 37 weeks... Hopefully I have a little longer than that this time because I still feel very unprepared! I can't believe I will have a newborn again in just a matter of weeks!!! By the way, I'm HUGE - all out front - and I look like I'm already about to deliver any minute. At my last ultrasound (32 weeks), baby Liam was measuring at 36 weeks and already weighing over 5 pounds. I'm hoping he will level off... otherwise we might have a big baby!
*We went to the beach last week...
And John Parker had a BLAST! We didn't know what to expect with his age, but he wasn't a bit scared of the ocean (to the point that we had to watch him every second...) and he stayed out on the beach 3-4 hours a day between his naps. He LOVES it outside, so we couldn't have asked for a better vacation for him. It was relaxing for me, too, thanks to daddy John for letting me enjoy some beach reading :)
| Right after he picked up a LIVE crab! |
| Sweet Cousins :) |
So, basically, life has been CRAZY busy the last few weeks (and months for that matter) but I wouldn't have it any other way. We have been married for 4 years this week, and the last 16 months have definitely been the most rewarding. I say, bring on the next adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment