The Branyon Current Chronicle

The Branyon Current Chronicle

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Time Keeps Ticking...

So much has been going on in my world since I last posted!  Liam will be 4 months old in 5 days... John Parker is almost 21 months... Time. is. flying.  I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week and Christmas is just around the corner - meaning John Parker's 2nd birthday is CRAZY close!  I feel like the last two years of my life have absolutely dissolved into an oblivion.  But, since time continues to go on, I will post a few updates to help me remember this stage of our lives.

JOHN PARKER...
1. Potty Fun.  Since he was around 20 months, we have been practicing using the potty, just for fun.  Around Halloween, it really got fun because every time he would "pee pee" I would give him one M&M as incentive... we call it "pee pee candy".  Now, he asks for pee pee candy and I reply by putting him on the potty - and he will pee pee just about every time!  I guess a little bribery never hurt anyone :)  He usually goes around 2-3 times a day...right now we are keeping it fun and simple - I don't want to turn him off - but I'm off work for a week before Christmas, and I plan to try the "hard core" potty training then (big boy underwear, staying home all day, etc).  I'm sure it will take more than one day, but I'm hoping to really get rid of diapers before Christmas.  We shall see...

2. Talking.  John Parker can say ANYTHING.  He talks in full sentences, asks us for things he wants, tells us things, repeats EVERYTHING we say, engages in conversation... he knows everyone in our family's name, can count to 10 (skips 3,4 & 8) and knows every body part.  He's learning his colors and loves to help me read to him.  He can finish the sentences of his favorite books and he can help sing his favorite songs (Jesus Loves Me, Old MacDonald, Hotdog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, etc).  He is so smart, and I love watching him learn every day.

Weight: 31 pounds and some ounces... just got over a stomach bug so it has fluctuated a little (luckily the bug wasn't too bad - vomited 3 times over a period of 4 hours, then bounced back to his normal self!)
Clothes: 3T mostly
Eats: ANYTHING when he's hungry, especially loves all kinds of fruit

Recent professional photos taken at 20 months:



LIAM...
1. Sleeps all night, from 930 - 730 or 8.  Sometimes he wakes up around 645 or 7 and we just bring him down to our room the bassinet and he rests until I'm ready to feed him at 8am.  He started sleeping in his own room a week after he turned 3 months old and has done great!

2. Eats 5 times a day: 8am, 1130 or 12, 4pm, 7 or 730pm, and 9 or 930pm.  He always gets a bottle at the last feeding, usually takes 8-8.5 ounces and takes 6.5 ounce bottles of breast milk during the day on days he's away from me.  I nurse at 8am and 7pm and also for both feedings in between on my days off.  He's doing great with nursing and I love that bond!

3. Naps have gotten longer and more spaced out.  He typically naps for around an hour after 1.5 to 2 hours of awake time and takes 3-4 naps a day.  I have been putting him down for a nap in his crib and he puts himself right to sleep - no rocking or walking him like we did with JP - trying not to make the same habits this time :)  I loved rocking JP, but we JUST recently were able to get JP to fall asleep without rocking - and that's a lot of rocking!!

4. Milestones: Hasn't rolled over from belly to back since he was around 2 months old - I guess he forgot how!  But he tries... and he is getting stronger - sits upright on my lap and in the bumbo for longer periods of time and can hold his head and neck up during tummy time for longer periods.  He has started trying to reach for things and has gotten better at grasping things he wants - he LOVES his hands and will play with them for long periods of time... I can't wait until he finds his feet - he's starting to notice them :)  He's such a happy baby and will smile at anyone who even thinks about speaking to him.  He rarely fusses, unless he gets too tired or too hungry; otherwise, he has a very sweet disposition and so far is absolutely no trouble when we go places.

Weight: somewhere between 16.5 and 17 pounds - I will find out for sure at his 4 month well-check next week.  He's bigger now than JP was at 7 months!

Clothes: mostly 9 month; has worn some of JP's smaller 12 month clothes from last fall/winter.  Crazy, I know...  He's a BIG BOY.

Diapers: size 3

Loves: mommy :), his swing, his playmat, sitting in the bumbo and watching Mickey Mouse with JP, riding in the car, baby Sofie the Giraffe teether, his lovey blanket and paci

Here are a couple of my favorites from his recent three month photos:




My boys are my world and I can't remember what my life was like before them!  I'm so thankful every single day for their health and my ability to spend precious time with them.  I'm thankful for a job I love that allows me to be off 3 days a week and off by 6pm every night, as well as the flexibility to provide milk for my baby by being allowed to pump at work.    I can't wait to watch life unfold - only I wish it would slow down a little.
My Sweet Family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment