I haven't posted for a while, and I realized I missed posting the stats from John Parker's 2 year and Liam's 6 month well baby checks! Since the main reason I blog is to keep up with all the events and happenings of my two, fastly growing children, I figure I better back-track and update!
First of all, I want to preface the stats with the fact that I took both of them, at the time a 6 month old and a 23 month old, BY MYSELF, to the pediatrician's office, knowing both of them had to get shots. I really didn't have a choice, but WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?! Funny story: I didn't know which one I wanted to get shots first. I knew if JP went first, he would cry and scream and want me for a few minutes and it would be difficult to be with Liam when he had his; BUT I knew if Liam went first, JP would have a conniption just seeing Liam cry and getting his shots and I would never be able to hold him down for his own. Well, since neither option seemed too promising, I chose option 1. I don't know how the second option would have gone, but I can assure you, the first was NOT GOOD. John Parker predictably cried and whined and wanted me, but after a minute or two, he was fine. Good, I thought, this won't be so bad after all! I handed JP the IPad and sat him in the chair happily watching "Diego" and went to hold my second child down for his shots... As soon as Liam started crying, JP started crying again, and I mean CRYING! He had a major meltdown, telling the nurse not to hurt Liam over and over, so now, I couldn't even comfort my screaming 6 month old because I was having to prevent my two year old from having a stroke... haha - like I said, never a good idea:) But, obviously we survived - here we are, almost 2 months later!
Date of check-up 1/31/13
John Parker, 23 months, 2 year well-check:
Weight: 31 pounds (85th %)
Height: 36.25 inches (95th %)
Liam, 6 month well-check:
Weight: 19 pounds 4 ounces (80th %)
Height: 27 inches (60th %)
Head: off the charts :)
No comments:
Post a Comment