The Branyon Current Chronicle

The Branyon Current Chronicle

Saturday, July 2, 2011

4 Month Update

We visited the pediatrician for John Parker's 4 month well-check on Thursday and these were his stats:

Weight: 13 lbs 0 oz
Length: 24.25 inches

He's small, still just in the 10th percentile or so for weight and 10-15th for length, but he's staying in his curve which is ideal :)  He's our little peanut!

Sleeping:
Days I work:  10pm - 8am, then 815am - 845am (around 10 1/2 hours)
Days I'm home: 10pm - 8am, then 815am - 10am
Napping:
At babysitter's house: 10am - 1130am & 130pm - 3pm (we pray for this; sometimes he doesn't quite do what we expect, but this is his "norm".
At home: I let him sleep after his morning feeding until 10am or so, then he takes an afternoon nap between 12 & 1pm until 3 or 330.
Daily: He "catnaps" between 5 and 9, taking 15 or 20 minute naps several different times in the evening.
Eating:
When I work:  Nurses at 8am, 6oz bottles of breastmilk at 1130 & 330, nurses at 630pm, 6oz bottle of breastmilk at 10pm
When I'm home: Nurses 5 times a day
*We just started some rice cereal (a few bites) at his 1130 feeding today. He has a type of reflux called airway reflux which causes him to "choke" on acid that comes up in his esophagus and crosses over into his windpipe.  The pediatrician told us not to give more than 6 ounces of milk due to the danger of increased reflux, and since he has seemed a little unsatisfied this week, she suggested we go ahead with the cereal.  He did great today - I mixed about 1/2 tablespoon of cereal with 1/2 ounce of breastmilk (or until it was a soupy consistency and dripping off the spoon).  I nursed him first, then gave him a few bites.  He did great and seemed to like it!
Clothes:
3 or 6 month in Carter's (he's in the 6 month sleepers and filling up his 3 month onsies cotton one-piece outfits)
3-6 month in everything else
Size 1 diapers - but we are one our last box of Pampers, so we will start on our size 2's after we run out in a couple of weeks.  We have tried Pampers, Huggies, and LUVs - I haven't had any issues with any of them since his newborn days but I still like Pampers the best.  I still haven't bought any diapers at all, so I'm willing to use what I have! :)

He's doing great and thriving!  We couldn't have asked for a more content and loving baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment