1. Crawling! He started full-on crawling 3 or 4 days after he turned 7 months old. So this month has been a month of exploration, for sure!
2. Pulling up. He started about a week after crawling. Yep, my house is now a war zone. I'm just waiting for the next big fall pretty much at all times. At first, when he would "topple" I would gasp really loudly and it would scare him - thus he would cry, more from fear than from pain. Now, I've learned to not make a peep and for the most part he doesn't even cry when he falls, but just gets right back up. He's holding on with one hand and cruising the furniture and honestly, I don't think walking is too far out in our future.
3. Sleeping :) The past two weeks have been so much better with night time sleep. He has mostly been sleeping 12 hours straight at night (830pm - 8 or 830am) and taking around 2-3 hours of naps per day. He hasn't been waking for comfort much anymore, so I'm hoping I'm not jinxing myself as I'm typing this...
4. Talking - well, baby talk. He started saying more words this month - in addition to da-da, he's said ma-ma a couple of times, haaay (hey), baaa (bye), up, and he's waving hello and goodbye (when he feels like it)
5. Clapping - he's only done it a few times all by himself, but it's just so cute!
6. Eating some "real" food - He's tasted mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, ice cream (very little), bread (several different types), and pretty much anything he sees us eating he wants to taste. As long as I can get it to a consistency I feel comfortable with, I let him taste. He's a very big eater and wants to eat every single time we do, so I'm hoping he will develop a taste for many different types of food. He also loves drinking water out of his sippy straw cup. He got used to the straw around 6 months old and he's so good at it! It's amazing how fast they learn.
7. Tried some new toys. We bought him a walker yesterday - I know some people don't condone them, but he really wants to get around, and I feel it's a safer alternative to him crawling wherever he wants to go and pulling up on some unstable object - especially when I'm not able to watch him like a hawk, like when I'm getting ready in the mornings. He likes his walker and can get around pretty well in it. He also LOVES balls of any type. He will even rolls a ball back and forth to us if we sit on the floor and play. I love just sitting in the floor after work and playing with him for hours!
For the basics:
Weight - somewhere around 19 pounds
Size 9-12 months clothes and size 3 diapers; we also bought his first pair of shoes, (Pedipeds) and they were a size 4-4.5.
Food - Nursing in the morning (between 8 and 830am), two containers of stage 2 baby foods (one fruit, one veggie) at 1130am, 7 1/2 ounce bottle at 330pm (or nursing if I'm home at that time), two stage 2 baby foods (one fruit, one veggie) at 630pm as well as any table foods he "tastes" (still not doing too much table food, just bites here and there), and a 7 1/2 ounce bottle at 815-830pm. For months, I pumped right after feeding him in the mornings to supplement my daily milk supply, but I have recently decided to cut that session out. About a week ago we started supplementing about 1 to 2 ounces of formula in each of his two bottles. Hopefully I will be able to continue to feed him mostly breast milk until he's 12 months, but if not, I'm satisfied with how far we've come!
Sleep - 830pm - 8am
Naps around 10am, 130pm & 430pm on good days :) Sometimes naps aren't great, but our goal is around 2 1/2 hours a day. He's usually happy either way, but I know he needs lots of sleep for his little growing brain and body!
Teeth - two on the bottom are fully in, top ones about to peek through!
He is such a fun, happy, curious baby boy, and I can't wait to see what this month holds!

No comments:
Post a Comment