So much has happened this month! I think JP weighs between 17 1/2 and 18 pounds, he's wearing 9 month clothes (a few 12 month things fit too!) and size 3 diapers.
He is eating 5 times a day - still nursing and pumped breast milk and lots of baby food (fruits and veggies, stage 2). He nurses in the morning for about 10 minutes right when he wakes up (usually around 8am), eats two containers of baby fruit (one of them mixed with 3 tbsp oatmeal cereal) at 11:30, drinks a 7 1/2 ounce bottle of breast milk at 3-3:30 (or nurses when I'm home), nurses at 6:30 and gets a baby veggie mixed with rice cereal during our dinner, and drinks a 7 ounce bottle of breast milk mixed with 2 tbsp rice cereal at 8:30pm. We are SOOOO fortunate that my supply has been great, even with cutting a pumping session at work (down to one time per day), and he is thriving and growing wonderfully! I'm just taking it day by day now with the breastfeeding - I never thought I would make it to 7 months, but I enjoy it and I guess I will take cues from him!
John Parker's sleeping patterns have gotten much better. He mostly sleeps all night - from 830pm to 8am - but still sometimes wakes once or twice for a few seconds for "comfort" (which basically consists of one of us walking in his room and putting his paci back in his mouth). He's had several painful happenings this month (two teeth and an ear infection), so we really think most of his sleep issues were derived from those. He got his first tooth about a week after turning 6 months and his second last weekend, right after turning 7 months.
He crawled backwards for a couple of weeks, but yesterday he actually started CRAWLING! He is going wherever he wants to go, and it's crazy how fast it's all happening. He can pull up to standing on a low object and he can sit up from any position - lying down, crawling, etc. He has said da-da consistently since the day his turned 6 months, and has said ma-ma once or twice starting this past weekend. He also says "haaaay" (Hey), "bah" (Bye), and na-na (we think John's mom will be Nana) and he has started trying to wave goodbye and hello.
Life is so much fun right now, and I love love love this age! I can't wait to watch him learn and grow over the next few months.
![]() |
| Bath time :) |
![]() |
| Pulling up! |


Hailey,
ReplyDeleteFirst off, please know that you and John have been in my thoughts over the past few days. I am sure it has been rough, but I am sure that John Parker has brought many smiles and comfort during this time. Your little man is adorable!!!! This is such a fun age. I can't wait for Lydia to start babbling dada, mama, etc. Right now it is just a lot of squealing! It sounds like nursing is going well for you. My supply is not the best, but with 2 pumping sessions a day and one before bed at night I can send Lydia with 2 bottles and 1 little one, but we still supplement with formula some too. I am hoping that will change once she starts eating more food. Maybe sometime we can get the little ones together?! :) Lana