The Branyon Current Chronicle

The Branyon Current Chronicle

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Baby's First Halloween

So, I'll be the first to admit - Halloween has NEVER been my favorite holiday.  As a child, I was afraid of EVERYTHING even remotely scary, including my own witch costume.  My mom says I hid under the table (from myself) the entire evening one year; therefore, I couldn't enjoy "trick or treating" for the constant fear that overtook my cowardly little girl self.  As a high school and college student, Halloween just seemed like an opportunity for the girls to pull out their nurse, police officer, or cowgirl designed underwear and prance around at various parties acting like their scant "costumes" were cute.  I was never comfortable with that idea, so my idea of costumes were usually not the popular ones - in fact, I usually opted out and stayed home.

Well, this year, I was actually looking forward to it!  I picked out John Parker's costume in early September and waited patiently to get to show him off in it!  He dressed as a blue furry monster (a sweet one, not a scary one) and several people said he looked like one of the monsters from Monster's Inc.  He didn't fuss with his costume at all, and even wore the gigantic hat the entire time!  We went to a nearby church festival the Saturday before Halloween and strolled through town for the annual Halloween stroll later that evening.  On Halloween, we decked him out again and headed to "trunk or treat" at our church.  He didn't get to eat a single piece of candy, but it was so much fun to watch him check out the costumes, and even more fun to hear all the "look how cute" compliments from others.  John Parker's first Halloween will hopefully begin a new attitude toward the Holiday for me - even though it will never be my favorite, I had a blast watching him have fun.
Posing - such a sweet little monster :)

With Cousin Chase at the Stroll
After Trunk or Treat

No comments:

Post a Comment