Last November, we started the tedious process of building a new home. Now, over five months later, it seems we are started to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I'm hoping (fingers crossed) the house will be completely ready and we will be moving in by mid to late April. So, if all goes well, 4-6 weeks! The floors are all completely in now and they have started painting this week. Once painting is done, they will install cabinets and appliances (which are on the last phases of construction as we speak), install light fixtures, finish the floors and install carpet upstairs, and landscape! So we are literally on the last phases of construction. Fortunately, I am a very decisive person - a good quality when building a home, I've learned - because I have been able to make most of the decisions pretty easily and I'm not the type of person to regret a decision later. It's just been amazing how many decisions have to be made!! With both of us working full-time, John having a rigorous basketball coaching season from November to February, and chasing around a one-year old, the biggest concern with the whole process has been finding the time to go and make the pertinent choices and decisions. John and I have made most of the decisions together - from iron work on the staircases to types of ceiling fans, so it truly feels like we have customized this home to our personalities.
I've been working on decorating for a couple of weeks, getting ideas online and purchasing fabrics. For the most part, we are going to use furniture we already have and try to redecorate one room at a time over the next year or so; but we did buy new living room furniture, a dining room table and china cabinet (used, but in great condition), and obviously we had all new baby furniture since John Parker is still using his - and he won't be ready for a big boy bed for a while yet. I'm having several chairs and pillows recovered locally, and I'm hoping to have my drapes for my bedroom and the great room made by a friend. We are very excited, but also nervous! It's such a huge step to move into a new home and adjust to a new environment - we hope John Parker adjusts well, but we realize he will probably be homesick! Here are some recent photos (taken about 2 weeks ago) of the progress - Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll be able to put up some final stage photos! We can't wait!
 |
| Mudroom |
 |
| Great Room |
 |
| Kid's Bath |
 |
| View from upstairs |
 |
| View from upstairs loft |
 |
| Bonus room |
 |
| Back of house |
No comments:
Post a Comment