For John Parker's first birthday party, I decided to go with a circus party theme. I had so much fun planning and creating things for the party, and even though we had the party in our tiny home (with over 30 guests!), it turned out nicely!
I ordered the template for his invitation from etsy (PaperMintsPrintables), personalized it, and had it printed at Staples. Staples also printed my poster and some stickers for my treat bags - I was extremely happy with the quality of everything! I also had a "happy birthday" banner custom made from etsy (Mary had a little party). I stayed with the color theme of the invitations - aqua blue, golden yellow, and red, and we had tons of awesome balloons! We had chicken fingers, chips and homemade salsa, homemade bacon cheese ranch dip, and homemade fruit dip with lots of fresh fruit. I served chocolate milk for the children in sippy cups with their names and Coke/Diet Coke in glass bottles for the adults. The cake, made by Dani Russell and Monica Crew was AWESOME! The colors exactly matched my theme and the top (smash cake) looked exactly like the cupcake on John Parker's birthday outfit. We gave out treat bags for the kids filled with Barnum animal cookies, multi-colored circus lollipops, and fruity scented wand bubbles. Obviously, I had a ton of fun planning this party! I made a banner with ribbon and clothespins - I chose a photo of every month of his life and mounted it on colorful scrapbook paper, then hung them from the satin blue ribbon with mini clothespins. It was so easy!
It was a cool but sunny day, so luckily some people were able to hang out on the porch. John Parker loved his new All Terrain Radio Flyer wagon John and I bought, and he and Ezekiel spent over half and hour riding around in the yard - John Parker even tried to pull the wagon himself a few times! He got so many other fun gifts - he is a spoiled little boy!! By the time it was cake time, he was getting tired, but he was a trooper and plowed through his smash cake! We had to stick him directly in the sink and soon after, PawDaddy rocked him to sleep and everyone parted ways. He had a little melt down at the end - he was so sleepy and just wanted a nap!! Other than that, he was a ton of fun and I think everyone really enjoyed watching him celebrate his special day.
It looks like you all had a wonderful time! I am still undecided on a theme for Lydia's 1st bday. We will celebrate Mackaylan's first due to her bday falling on spring break and many of her friends will be out of town and we are going with an owl theme. Hope all is well with your pregnancy and that the house is coming along nicely. :) Lana
ReplyDelete