We just went for his 18 month well-check and here are his stats:
Weight: 28 lbs 6 oz (92nd percentile)
Length: 34 in (93rd percentile)
Diapers: size 5
Clothes: 2T
Shoes: 8W
Loves:
1. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Dora the Explorer (we try to limit TV to 30 minutes a day - but yeah, I have a newborn too, so we haven't been doing so great with that...)
2. All things OUTSIDE, especially balls - his favorites right now are golf (any ball with any stick type object becomes "goff") and basketball. He also loves water - swimming, showers, hose pipe, puddles... I don't know what we are going to do in the winter when it's cold and dark!
3. Riding in the stroller for walks
4. Loving on his baby brother - sometimes a little too aggressively, but we try to allow some snuggle time (supervised of course!)
5. Fruit Squeezies... you know, those little packets of pureed fruit that he can suck through the straw-like top - he seriously would eat 4 or 5 a day if I would let him!
6. Milk - One of his favorite things to do in the mornings is wait (not so patiently) on me to pour his milk. Sometime when he finishes a whole 8 ounce cup, he brings it to me and says "more"!
7. Food in general, usually. His appetite has been a little sporadic since he's had a bout with hand-foot-mouth a few weeks ago, and now a ear infection that we are on our second antibiotic to clear up, but for the most part he isn't picky! He eats oatmeal almost every day for breakfast, but will eat just about any breakfast food we've tried, and for lunch he usually eats deli sliced chicken, provolone or swiss cheese slices, cut up grapes or apples, cheese-its or some type of cracker, and a yogurt or applesauce, and for dinner he eats what we eat!
8. Lego Duplos - John's mom still had John's set from childhood, and ever since we got them out for JP, he plays with them at least an hour every single day! Best toy ever!!
9. His "pappy" and "silky" - he is officially ADDICTED to his pacifier and blanket and would have it all the time if we let him. We've tried to limit his time with them to naps and bedtime - and so far he's pretty understanding. He is really good at taking his cousin Gage's paci and his baby brother's paci to occupy him while he doesn't have his own!! We've had to really work on that lately...
10. ICE! Who would have thought that ice could be better than cookies, candy, and treats??? Anytime ANYONE has a cup in their hand, he goes right up to them and says "ayce" and practically begs until he gets some!
He is at such a fun age, and I wish I could stay home with him all the time - its been a nice little perk getting to be off with him for 8 weeks while I'm home on maternity leave. He still has been going to the sitter 2 days a week to give me a little "break" and to keep him on his routine, but honestly, I love the days he's home with me. He still takes two naps most days - if he gets a good morning nap and we are out and about, he can skip his afternoon nap, but he's happiest when he gets two naps. He naps at around 1030 or 11 for at least 1 1/2 hours - sometimes 2 hours - and sometimes takes another shorter nap around 3 or 330. He goes to bed around 930 and sleeps until 8 or 830. Before naps and bedtime, we read a book and rock him for 3 or 4 minutes - I LOVE that he still lets me rock him. We are so blessed by his presence in our lives - yesterday John and I were reminiscing on his babyhood and all the memories we've made so far with him, and I can honestly say that parenthood is WORTH IT ALL - every sleepless night, every sick trip to the doctor, every fussy day, every stubborn meltdown - it's all worth it. I am so in love with my babies and I wish they would stay small forever!!
I'll leave you with this hilarious photo - turned my head for one minute, literally - gonna have to figure out how to stop doing that!!!
| He really wanted to take a bath - and didn't want to wait on mommy to undress him or run the water!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment