The Branyon Current Chronicle

The Branyon Current Chronicle

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

9 months

Liam is now 9 months old!  I seriously cannot believe it!  He {still} isn't crawling, although he is VERY mobile, and has managed to figure out how to get to whatever he wants by a combination of rolling, scooting, crawling backwards, reaching, and rolling some more...  I have to admit, I'm getting slightly stressed by the fact that he turned 9 months old yesterday and still isn't technically "crawling", but at the same time, I HATED, and I mean LOATHED the crawling stage with JP ...  It seemed like everything was constantly being pulled over onto his head, not to mention the minuscule objects he seemed to always find to put directly into his mouth.  So, since Liam seems very normal developmentally otherwise, I'm trying to enjoy the fact that he's not into EVERYTHING yet:)  Actually, he loves standing up and walking with help, so maybe he's going to be one of those babies who skips crawling?  Only time will tell!!  He is such a sweet, content baby, and I am enjoying every second of his babyhood!  A few weeks ago, he was sick with a very high fever (103 or so) for three days!  We took him to urgent care to no avail- they diagnosed him with a unknown virus and we went home to alternate Tylenol/Ibuprofen for the next two days... Then, on the fourth day, his fever broke and he was suddenly covered in a rash from head to toe... (right before Easter Sunday, of course) We had a bad night the night before, so I took him to his pediatrician just to have everything checked out one more time, and they did find a mild ear infection..and they made an official diagnosis of his virus - Roseola, but since then he's been great!  He has also gotten three top teeth since then, so he's had a rough month; but he's taken it all in stride:)

Eating:  nurses at 8am, eats cream of wheat or oatmeal at 9am, eats two stage two baby foods at 12pm, eats 5-7 ounces of mommy milk at 4pm, eats dinner at 6pm (two stage 2 baby foods and a yogurt), and eats 7 ounces of breast milk at 9pm - he has recently decided he doesn't want to nurse except for in the morning, so I have been pumping at the other milk feedings - don't know how much longer we will keep it up; I would love to make it to a year, but I despise the pump.. The only reason I do it is to keep my supply up for nursing in the morning - and I know the milk is good for him - so we will see how it goes:)

Sleeping: 9pm-8am, naps at 10am and 130pm, usually and hour or two each nap, sometimes take a nap around 430 if earlier naps were too short

Weight: 23 1/2 pounds, size 4 diapers, size 12-18 month and 18 month clothes

Talks and babbles a lot, can wave while saying "hey there" and bye bye, can clap while saying "yay", sings and plays with John Parker all the time!  I'm sure he will be crawling any day now- he's so close, gets into crawling position from sitting all the time and propels forward, but ends up flat on this belly and then just rolls or scoots:) He is the most content, easy going baby I've ever been around, and I can't wait to see how he grows and develops into his own little personality!











No comments:

Post a Comment