College football has definitely gotten underway... South Carolina Gamecock football is a BIG DEAL in our house - we watch every game, in full Gamecock attire, win or lose until the bitter (or not-so-bitter) end. John and I used to go to every game and had season tickets, but as soon as John Parker came along, and we didn't get to go to a single game the following Fall, we realized it was not a good way to spend our money for the time being. So, we "tailgate" with my family, watch the game (along with every other big game each week), and have a good time at home. Of course, it wouldn't be complete without lots of baby Gamecock gear :)
My 29th birthday was also a few weeks ago. We had big plans to go to Columbia for the SC State Fair and meet up with a good friend of mine from pharmacy school... but of course, a road block came up... I got sick with Strep and wasn't well for a few days. I haven't been sick in years, so I'm very blessed, but it wasn't fun to be sick on my birthday... Despite it all, John took me to dinner and out for a little shopping - and I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday than with my sweet little family. John and the boys brought me flowers and a cake to work and John Parker sang me the Happy Birthday song at least 15 times :) I know the last year of my twenties will be awesome with these two little ones around!
We ordered the boys' Halloween costumes and gave them a "trial" - John Parker was originally going to be a robot but the costume came and it just left a lot to be desired to say the least... so we sent it back and I convinced him to be a firefighter! Liam is all about dogs right now - its by far his favorite word and he LOVES them - so he is going to be the firefighter's mascot... a dalmation! The costumes came and they are so cute...
Liam was originally going to be the cute cuddly monster that John Parker was two Halloweens ago - we had tried it on Liam and it fit (for the most part), and it is honestly my favorite baby/toddler costume of all time! So, fortunately, we got to use it! We went to the Fall Festival at The Well Church, and I didn't want to use my "real" costumes for fear of them getting messed up, so I dressed John Parker as a cowboy using things we already had at home and Liam got to be the cuddly monster. A-Dorable!
Last weekend we finally got around to going to the pumpkin patch at Strawberry Hill. There was an hour wait on the hayride, so we didn't get to wait (it was dangerously close to nap time), but we did get to pick some pumpkins from the shop and get some yummy apple slushies. Liam was super tired, and not in the mood for photos, but we still got some cute ones to remember the day :)
So, that's our Fall season so far in a nutshell :) Can't wait for the Halloween fun next weekend... more posts to come! These babies make every season so much fun!





















No comments:
Post a Comment