The Branyon Current Chronicle

The Branyon Current Chronicle

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Time to Update:)

It's been a little while since I've blogged... I'm a little torn with wondering how I want to take this blog from here.  I read a lot of blogs, mainly mommy blogs, and I LOVE the ideas, reading about their lives and how they raise their children, and just feeling connected with other mothers.  I would love to be able to blog at that level, writing every day (or most days anyway) and sharing things I love and meal ideas, etc... but, since I work full-time, I honestly just don't have time!  I feel very convicted sometimes with the amount of time I spend on social media, reading other blogs, and just being online in general.  I try to reserve those things for when the babies are in bed or napping... but then I realize there are so many things I need to be doing during those few quiet moments too - like reading my Bible, spending time with my husband, or just getting the odds and ends of daily life tied up.  So, that being said, I don't foresee this blog going any further than being a "scrapbook" of sorts that I update every month or so, when I have a few spare minutes.  I do want to say, I have LOVED being able to go back and read the posts I've written - it's amazing to have documented memories - especially if you are like me, and easily forget the details.  I have always been obsessive about photographing milestones in my life, especially now that I have children, and I think the iPhone is the BEST INVENTION EVER!  I mean, being able to constantly carry around an 8(?) megapixel camera at all times is LIFE CHANGING for me.  Hopefully, I will still find time to update from time to time, if for no other reason than to have a place to put my memories :)

Liam is 13 months old, walking (finally) everywhere, and talking too!   He says lots of words, can imitate words we say, and self-feeds (he won't have it any other way).  He eats table food - and he is a very good eater - so far, he hasn't been picky at all.   He still is an awesome sleeper, puts himself right to sleep for naps and bedtime, and sleeps from 9pm-8am at night and naps from 1030-1230 and 230 or 3-430 every day.  He has 12 teeth, with all 4 molars making their appearance in the last month, and loves milk and juice.  He loves the water and had a ball swimming this summer.  He also loves dogs, and calls every animal with four legs a "dog"... he is so gentle with Dandy and my parents' dog, and luckily, Dandy is usually pretty patient with him too.   He is still my happy-go-lucky baby, is very bashful with strangers (unlike his big "bubby"), and is a total, 100% mama's boy.

Weight: 27ish pounds
Length: 32.5 inches (at his 1 year check up)
Clothes: 18-24 and 24 month
Shoes: size 6

John Parker is now 2 1/2 (30 months), and is soooo stinking smart.  I know, I'm biased, but it truly amazes me how much they learn and absorb at this age.  He talks NONSTOP, about anything and everything, and has never met a stranger.  He is still not a picky eater, except with meat - he will eat chicken, fish, deli sliced meat, and hotdogs, but doesn't like hamburger meat at all... He LOVES broccoli, green beans, all fruits and basically anything else - the only thing I can't get him to eat is red meat... what kid doesn't like a taco??  He is very outgoing and loves all things with a ball.  He loves playing outside at all times, but when he isn't outside, he loves the iPad - I've had to limit his "screen time" because he would play ALL THE TIME if we let him, but I have found some education apps that teach letters and he loves those!

Weight: 35ish pounds
Height: 41 inches
Clothes: 3T and 4T
Shoes: Whopping size 10!!! (just had him measured, and I was SHOCKED!)

They are two sweet and beautiful baby boys!  I couldn't be more blessed.









1 comment:

  1. Hailey, I feel ya! Blogging consistently is so hard. I actually just put a post up with a few things I am going to try in order to post more regularly. I am like you in the fact that I use my blog as a way to document out life. I use Blog2Print at the end of each year and print out our blog book for the year and we love going back and looking at them. With that being said, I need to make sure I post so that I will actually have something to print. I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing the pics of your precious boys. They are growing so fast! :)

    ReplyDelete