The Branyon Current Chronicle

The Branyon Current Chronicle

Thursday, July 25, 2013

12 months!

Liam is ONE YEAR OLD! I can't believe it's been a year. With John Parker, every.single.thing was a learning experience. And boy, did he give me my money's worth! He didn't sleep well from 5-12 months, was rocked to sleep for every single nap and bedtime until 18 months, he had a new ear infection every 3 weeks from 6 months to 12 months, he was medicated for severe reflux (the child wore a bib until he was 13 months), he didn't enjoy nursing until he was well over 3 months... Can't believe I didn't give up!, and he just was a high maintenance baby... Not to mention, we started building a house when he was 9 months old (STRESS) and I got pregnant when he was 7 months, miscarried, and was pregnant again when he was 9 months old... So, needless to say, John Parker's first year was an EXPERIENCE. Don't misinterpret me, I was IN LOVE with that baby, and I cherished every little thing we learned, but when I realized I was pregnant again, I was a little nervous (OR, A LOT).

Liam's first year couldn't have been more different. My finest memory as a mother was delivering Liam, by unexpected c-section, and getting to nurse him for the first time in recovery... He latched on immediately, no help needed, when he was only about 20 minutes old, and I fed him and loved on him for over 45 minutes.
That experience was irreplaceable, and it was God demonstrating to me how he would be so different from JP. God knew I needed an easy baby this time, and Liam has been so content from day one. He is a mama's boy, and I hope he will always cherish our bond.

Liam has officially started taking steps. He started a week or so before his birthday taking 2 or 3 steps, and at his party, he walked across the room a couple of times! He is consistently taking 7-8 steps at a time now, and his confidence is growing. I'm sure within the next week, he will fully take off. Again, he is so laid back and also very cautious, so he is just taking his time, learning how to walk well before he really becomes a toddler.

Weight: 25 1/2 pounds (95th %)
Height: 32 inches (97th %)
Head: off the charts 99.99 %
Diaper: size 4
Clothes: size 24 month, some 18 month too.
Shoes: 5 - 5.5
Talking a lot: says mama, dada, bubba, juice, bite, kiss, this, bye bye, hey, hello, that, milk, more, walk, one... He is not quite as talkative as John Parker was at this age, but I feel like he knows just as many words as JP did at one - Liam is just a little quieter.
Teeth: 8; about to cut his first molar
Loves: trucks, balls, phones, push toys, toys that peddle with his feet
Sleeps: 9pm-8 or 830am. Naps at 11 and 230 or 3 for a total of 3-4 hours.
Eats: all table food... Pretty much anything. He isn't picky so far! He completely gave up his night bottle at 11 months, and drinks milk great from his sippy cups.

I don't really know where I'm taking this blog from here... I have enjoyed keeping up with their monthly updates for the first year, but since that is over, I will probably just keep this blog as a scrapbook journal of sorts for our memories. This blog has always been primarily for John and me to go back and read/have our memories recorded... So, thanks for reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment