Sunday was my first Mother's Day :) I have looked forward to that day pretty much my entire life! Each year at church we recognize all the mothers, and I have always wanted to be standing up with all the mothers as a mother to my own children. I have wanted children as long as I can remember, and I am so thankful that God has blessed me so abundantly with John Parker. I couldn't be happier with motherhood, and I only wish he would grow up a little bit slower.
Last Mother's Day, I had baby fever - I wanted a baby so badly and we had been trying for 5 months. I was very sad on that day a year ago, praying so hard for a child. Less than two months later, I discovered I was pregnant. Now I realize God's timing was perfect for us, and I couldn't imagine life being any better. God taught me so much through that experience, including patience and the ability to trust Him for perfect guidance. Because of that short time of worry and heartache, I feel so much more blessed for my opportunity to raise a child. I can only slightly empathize with those couples who have tried much longer than we did unsuccessfully to have a baby, and I pray for them daily. Thank you, God, for John Parker.
On that note, it seemed only logical to dedicate John Parker to Christ in our Mother's Day church service. We realize God chose US to give life to our precious son, and He chose US to raise him and teach him; we wanted to express that in the baby dedication ceremony. Four other children were dedicated as well, and it was a beautiful symbol of our feelings for our children and our expression of our family's constant need to seek after God's will.
Here are some photos from the dedication service:
No comments:
Post a Comment