Monday, April 25th I re-entered the working world full-time. It was much better than I thought it would be, and I didn't even cry until I dropped John Parker off at the babysitter's house and pulled out of her driveway. I missed him a LOT that first day and when I got home that evening, I felt guilty for putting him down at all. Fortunately, as time has gone on (I am on week two now), I have adjusted much better. John Parker seems to have adjusted well too - he had a few fussy days last week, but this week seems much better :) I don't think I would be happy staying home full-time forever, but it was difficult leaving him at just 9 weeks old. I think things will continue to get easier and easier.
He has been sleeping from 11:30 to 5:30 - 7am pretty consistently, usually just waking up one time around 3 or 3:30 for a few minutes to be "comforted" (putting his paci back in, patting him on the belly, and turning his music lamb back on). Saturday night he slept until 7am for the first time, but most nights he eats between 5:30 and 6:30 and goes right back to sleep until 8 when I get him up to get ready for work. We have gotten on a really good schedule, and I am very thankful for that.
Easter weekend was wonderful; it has always been my FAVORITE holiday - most of all because of the amazing gift God gave to us in His Son dying for our sins and being resurrected after three days, but I love all the Easter festivities also. I love going to church with my whole family and taking pictures afterwards in our Easter "outfits". It usually is a major ordeal with plenty of arguments, but we always have those photos as memories, and I cherish them. It is one of the only times a year we all get together and take photos together.
Here are a few:
It was even more special this year because John and I were a family of three!

No comments:
Post a Comment