The Branyon Current Chronicle

The Branyon Current Chronicle

Sunday, January 8, 2012

In the Dry!

So, I never knew, until we started building a house, of course, how important the phrase "in the dry" really was.  Basically, if you're not familiar, it's the stage in building when weather doesn't really matter anymore.  The inside of the house doesn't get wet when it rains, etc - and most importantly, the people working on the house don't have a good reason to stay home from work anymore :)  We've had several "wet" days in the process of framing, but overall, it seems like the house is going up fast!  It's almost surreal - I can't believe all the decisions that have to be made - and on the spot it seems like.  I guess I should be more prepared, but it's not like I have all the free time in the world to peruse stone exterior and tile flooring (two of the recent decisions we've had) - so it seems like I'm being expected to, in a matter of oh-I-don't-know, an hour more or less, decide how I want my house to look for the REST OF MY LIFE.  Not stressful, at all.

So far, we've chosen windows, roofing, tubs, stone exterior, placement of light fixtures/can lights, and placed the wiring for all the TVs and phones (which is harder than you think - deciding where your future furniture, which you don't even have yet, will go in reference to a future ideal TV spot is not easy).  Next week, my job is to choose tile flooring for the mudroom and bathrooms.  I'm so excited about the finished product, and I hope I'm happy with all the decisions I've been making :)  We've been so blessed to live in the house we've made a home for the past four years, and we were talking today about how great a house it has been for  the two of us.  Once we made our family bigger, it has definitely gotten a little more cramped.  Livable and comfortable, but more space will definitely be nice - we thank God every day for the opportunities He has so graciously blessed us with.

Here are some updated pictures from framing to "in the dry"!

framing second floor
walls going up

windows in, roof on, "in the dry"

No comments:

Post a Comment