So I guess I'll make the big announcement to the blogger world, since it's "facebook official"...
We're having another BABY!! Due to arrive around July 27th :)
Oh, my. I will be 12 weeks in two days, and I've been oh-so-sick. WAYYYYY more sick than with John Parker - like throwing up 3-4 times a day for the past 7 weeks. NOT. FUN.
I've also been a lot more fatigued. I remember that being rough with John Parker, but at that time, obviously I didn't have a 10 month old to chase around. . . if I wanted to take a nap on Saturday afternoon - and on Sunday afternoon - and every day after work - I could. Not the case now. That's ok, though - we are super excited, and I'm hoping with the first trimester coming to a close (THANK YOU JESUS!) things will get better. Our plan was to have the babies around 2 years apart, and, well, God planned a little differently. I am very nervous about having babies 17-18 months apart, but I know plenty of people have managed just fine, including my own mother who had my sister and I 15 months apart and my brother only 21 months after that (Bless her heart!). I honestly wouldn't have wanted to be raised any other way - I LOVE being so close in age to my siblings. But I will say, there WILL be provisions taken after this little one to ensure I don't have a third beautiful little surprise for QUITE A WHILE :) There are so many things I'm nervous about and so many things I'm excited about - I have LOVED being a mom. It's the best thing that has EVER happened to me, hands down. I just worry I will never feel like I have sufficient time for both of my sweet babies; but I'm sure with prayer and God's help, we will have an awesome time raising our two children. In the mean time, this baby will grow and hopefully be healthy and happy :) Oh, and I AM finding out the gender this time. It was fun not knowing with John Parker, but I want to be more prepared this time around. So, in a few weeks, we will know whether it's a little brother or a little sister! Can't wait!
Congratulations! That is so exciting, but I definitely understand your concerns as well. However, I think no matter if you wait a few months or a few years (like 6 for us...) you always have those thoughts! We just have to remember that it is all in God's timing and in His hands! I hope your sickness subsides and that this little bundle of joy enters the world healthy and free of any complications! :) Lana
ReplyDelete