The Branyon Current Chronicle

The Branyon Current Chronicle

Saturday, June 8, 2013

10 months (a little late)

I'm definitely past due for Liam's 10 month post, and let me tell you, A LOT has changed since I last posted 6 weeks ago... As I was re-reading my last post, I was thinking to myself, "he really wasn't crawling??" Haha, needless to say, he's a very successful crawler now - he started army crawling a day after that post, and a few days later was up on all fours doing the "traditional crawl". Pretty much simultaneously, he started pulling up on everything, and about a week before he was 10 months, he started cruising furniture. About a week ago, he started pushing his push toy and walking behind it, so I think he will be taking his first steps soon! He talks all the time, says hey there, bye bye, mama, no no, ball, dog, and this week he started saying thank you. He minds really well [so far] and listens when we tell him no, so although he's curious and exploring now, he doesn't seem as adamant as JP was at this age to do exactly what we told him not to do:). He's still my laid back baby!

Sleeping: 9pm or 930pm - 8am (some mornings he wakes up around 730)
Naps: 11am and 230 or 3pm - he's able to go longer periods now between naps - he naps around 3-4 hours total each day

Eating: totally weened from nursing, which makes me sad :( he stopped in the mornings just after he turned 10 months, and I just stopped pumping about 10 days ago. I was down to just once a day so I thought it wouldn't be too painful to stop. Let's just say I thought wrong... I forgot how "un-fun" that is! I would have loved to make it to 12 months, but I think he saw his brother getting milk in a cup, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Once he stopped nursing altogether, I didn't want to keep pumping much longer. Both my boys self weened around this age - I don't understand why, but it is what it is! Now, he gets a cup of milk at 8am and at around 4pm, and still gets a 9 ounce bottle of 1/2 BM and formula at bedtime (my freezer stores are almost gone now!). He eats table food at breakfast - oatmeal, cream of wheat, pancakes, eggs or yogurt, and eats mostly table food at dinner if we are having something he can chew and I can get small enough. I have noticed he likes everything really soft and smooth... Not a big texture fan, but he's enjoying tasting new things. At lunch, he still eats baby food, but I'm sure that wont last much longer now that he's started getting a taste of the real stuff!

Teeth: 7! Just got the seventh and one more on the way.

Weight: 25 pounds
Clothes: 18-24 months
Diaper: 4
Shoes: 4-5

He is such a good boy, and I LOVE watching him learn and grow! I can't believe he is so close to 1! I guess it's time to start planning another party!!







No comments:

Post a Comment