The Branyon Current Chronicle

The Branyon Current Chronicle

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Check-Ups

About a month and a half ago, I took John Parker and Liam in together for their well check-ups.  Liam was the only one who was due for shots this time (thanks GOODNESS!!!), but he had to get 4 because I was a little behind schedule :(  He did ok... he was definitely broken hearted, but didn't cry for too long.  John Parker was 38 pounds, 39.5 inches (97th and 92nd percentiles) and Liam was 31 pounds and 34.5 inches (99th and 99th percentiles).  Sadly, both boys left with prescriptions for antibiotics - Liam had a severe double ear infection that I knew NOTHING about - no fever, no whining, no tugging, nothing.  Both boys had been struggling with a nasty cold all that week, but I didn't notice anything else going on... and John Parker had a throat infection and the start of an ear infection.  I felt horrible, but I'm sure I would have been back to the doctor in the next day or two when they started showing worse symptoms.  Liam had only had one other ear infection about a year ago, but unfortunately, this one didn't clear up with one round of antibiotics, and he had to get another round a couple of weeks later.  Hopefully, with Spring just around the corner now we are venturing into the "well zone" for a while.  We are blessed that other than colds and a mild stomach bug, both boys have been mostly healthy this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment